Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodbye Saturn and other news...

When I graduated from Baylor my parents helped me buy a cute little Saturn. At the time it was quite the upgrade. It was a good little car and lasted for about 4 years after I paid it off. For the past few months things seemed to be going terribly wrong. Jay even had to superglue part of the door back on. We decided that in December we would buy an 09 and hopefully get a good deal. However, last week the air conditioner started to go out. We had just put freon in it about a month ago so we knew it wasn't that. Jay decided that maybe in a month or so we would start "looking". But I, being the go-getter that I am, decided that a month was too long in the Texas heat. I had really been wanting a 4-Runner and I found a used one online that looked like a good deal. Jay said he didn't want to go look because he had stuff to do at home so I discreetly put the title to my car in my purse and headed to the Toyota dealership. They didn't have the used one anymore so I just decided a new one would be just fine. Next thing Jay knows I am pulling home on a "test drive" with the sales guy in my new car. Since my husband is such a sweetie he went ahead and told me to sign on the dotted line so we now have a NEW CAR!!!

We wanted something bigger because we are excited to announce that we are having a baby!! I am due in December and we are so excited!!!

5 comments:

Allison said...

How fun to have a new car...and CONGRATS! How exciting! Parenthood is the best!

Michael & Jennifer said...

Yea for a new car- I'm so envious! I'm also super excited about the baby!!! When are we going to dinner???

Rosemond said...

WOW!!!!! I'm soooooooo excited!! That is wonderful news!

Shae said...

EXCITING! I can't wait- you are gonna love it!

Jaime said...

Just saw this...CONGRATS!!!!